Monday, October 24, 2005

Hurricane Wilma


I couldn't believe all the pictures on the news tonight of the damage caused by yet another hurricane. This weekend Hurrican Wilma gutted the coast of Cuba, Florida Keys, and Cancun Mexico. I was in Cancun less than 2 years ago, and some of the footage I saw was from places I had been. It is so sad, this resort town will now have to rebuild so much to replace all the beaches, hotels and shopping malls hurt from the storm. Cancun relies on their tourist industry.

This picture is of a little Mexican girl waiting in line for water in the center of town, I like it because I think she looks very hopeful! Airports are still closed and no one can fly home yet. Not a very nice way to end a vacation, thats for sure.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails