Sunday, August 03, 2008

Cannes and Nice, France (Riviera)

I Spent the day in Cannes and Nice today. It was absolutely gorgeous! The weather was the hottest it’s been yet and I was so happy to have some beach and swimming time! My morning started off early as we had to tender into shore on boats from the ship at anchor. There was a big red carpet as you entered the port at Cannes, signifying their famous film festival. The drive to Nice was nice and once there we were given an hour of free time. Irene (tour dept) and I walked around the flower market, went to the famous English promenade and I had a coffee with our tour guide Franc, who showed us the newspaper saying that George Clooney and Cindy Crawford were visiting the French Riviera. We took a little train ride around town and then to the top of Castle Hill park where we had an amazing view of the coast! It was great! Later, once back in Cannes, Irene, Suzanna and I went to the beach and had a very nice swim! I spent my afternoon swimming in the Mediterranean Sea! I also had the best Panini Roma I have ever had! Today was a beautiful, beautiful day!






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails