Friday, August 01, 2008

Gibraltar, UK

I wasn’t really sure what to expect in Gibraltar. It is a British ruled territory right next to Spain. The big attraction is “The Rock” which had absolutely fabulous views over Spain, and North Africa. I went on a tour in the morning that took me up the cable car right close to Gibraltar’s most famous inhabitants, the monkeys! They were everywhere, and there were so many of them! A little vicious, and apparently they will bite, so I kept a little distance. Later our tour took us through the Great Siege Tunnels inside the rock that were used during the big invasion “The Great Seige”. It was pretty neat and I definitely got a big dose of history lesson that day! Later went through the Gibraltar museum and then wandered through town on my own. I had a drink and a toasty bacon sandwich at a sidewalk café and people watched and wrote a couple postcards. It was great and so nice to just explore on my own a little bit. The town had a nice little square in the middle where I came with Alex later for ice tea with a short walk back to the pier.






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails