Monday, August 04, 2008

Florence, Italy

My first stop in Italy was Livorno in the Tuscany region. I went to the capital, Florence where I did an all day tour. It was a beautiful city! Never got to Pisa, but I will see the leaning tower when we go back next cruise! First we were taken to a lookout high on a cliff where we could see the whole city. We took a tour of Famous Uffizi gallery where the original “David” statue is, and we saw the famous church where Michelangelo, and Machiavelli lay. The cobblestone streets were beautiful and you could smell the pizza and fresh tomatoes coming from the little cafes. Our tour took us to a little restaurant where we were served lasagna, veal, and tiramisu! Yum! Later I met up with Grace, we had a glass of white wine, people watched, and did some shopping! I bought a couple beautiful prints of Tuscany and Florence.







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails