Wednesday, July 05, 2006

July 4th Shuttle Launch

Yesterday I rented a car and Me, Tanis, Gary and Jon went to watch the Shuttle Launch in Cape Canaveral. It was a big deal and has been all over the news for weeks. After being cancelled twice because of weather conditions, Spaceship Discovery lifted off! It was amazing, we watched it from about 10 miles away at Jetty park! I could not believe I was on the East Coast of Florida watching a shuttle launch to space, on the 4th of July! Everyone was cheering and clapping, I felt very lucky!

After watching the shuttle we headed to Cocoa beach, about 10 minutes away. It was packed there and we had a fun day at the beach. Jon had his waterproof camera so we took a ton of pictures! I love the Beach! This is the Florida I signed up for!!!


5 comments:

Lisa's Diet said...

Candice your red pokadot bikini is really cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow that shuttle launch must have been really cool to watch, I bet no one you know back home has ever seen it, and might never, anyways happy 4th of july

Anonymous said...

Hi Candice: It is an amazing thing you got to see such a site, as it virtually could be the last of it's kind in the Space program if there are any major re-entry problem. I am extremely envious and you are all very, very lucky to have seen a shuttle launch. Another Once In a Life Time experience! The beach looks really nice too. "Are you getting enough sleep?"
Talk soon,..Love ya lots, Mom.

Melanie Catherine said...

Hi! WOW! Shuttle launch? That's unreal Candi Cane!! Miss you! =)

Candice said...

Really I didnt even think it was too exciting until I actually saw it! It was absolutely amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails